One of the strangest elements of the post-Completely Media promotion of the scrum was the then AEW World Champion’s way of calmly eating a muffin for much of it.
Punk even paused towards the end of his appearance to point out the source of those delicious baked goods, Chicago’s Mindy’s Bakery. Which brings us to the topic of this blog post…
Wrestling fans are a mischievous fellow, and after the chaos that followed the September 4 pay-per-view damaged our views on several highly regarded wrestlers and possibly the future of the first viable alternative to WWE in years, many of we were looking for a way to amuse ourselves with the situation. Mindy’s muffins gave us just that.
At first, it was just jokes and memes on social media. But then someone remembered that a business like Mindy’s would be listed on review sites like Yelp and Google. You can probably guess what happened from there.
• The best muffins in the world!! it’s time to eat cookies!! Look at my eyes, what do you see?! a dozen muffins from mindy’s bakery!!
• I saw a wrestler at a press conference absolutely devouring one of Mindy’s muffins while losing his mind. Mind you, he’s blunt, but he freaked him out, so I thought “what could possibly be in those muffins…?” So I begged my mom to let me withdraw some money from our joint bank account and ran over there and ate some muffins. Suddenly I felt anger bubbling up inside of me. I was screaming how much I hate my co-workers, how they’re all boneheaded idiots, how I haven’t been friends with Scotty Colton since 2014 and how I’m a grown man and it’s nobody’s business. I’m in a bad mood. I’m hurt. And I have to work with children… good muffins though!
• I would have given them 6 stars if they were in the Tokyo Dome. The best pastries to enjoy before important meetings with the EVP’s.
• Although I have a joint bank account with my mother, I go to this place every day except, of course, Monday and Tuesday. I have all the receipts. I have all the bills.
• I recently went to Mindys and bought some muffins. Just a tip. Don’t brag about how good a muffin you’re enjoying because your co-workers hear you and notice you didn’t bring them any. They could come into your locker room and confront you.
• My friend Ace visited here after being unable to eat Kenneth Omega. awesome cupcakes
• Mindy’s baked goods give my wounded, old, tired body the energy it needs to get through work days with kids, except Mondays and Tuesdays.
• We find out in discovery that this bakery shares a bank account with her mom, and that tells you everything you need to know about Mindy’s bakery. I am trying to run a business.
• I’m hurt, I’m old, I’m tired and I work with fucking kids but Mindy’s Bakery makes my day every day. It’s so good I threw a chair at one of my co-workers. Try this place. you won’t be disappointed
• Their croissants may be the best I’ve had on this side of the Atlantic. The hot fudge cheesecake was amazing, dare I say “transcendent”? The only reason I didn’t give this place 5 stars is because she continues to serve CM Punk (who, as far as I can tell, has never shared a bank account with her mom).
• Look at my eyes, what do you see? Cupcakes from Mindys bakery. I know you’re hungry, hungry for sweets. Cakes so good you can fight The Elite.
• I ate some Muffins and hit 3 of my co-workers. What do you put in these… 2nd time I see this happen.
When we’re not being the worst, wrestling fans are the best.