Ricky Martin faces more ‘savagely offensive’ sexual assault charges

[ad_1]

Ricky Martin is fighting a new round of “wildly offensive” sexual assault claims, less than a week after he filed a $20 million lawsuit over earlier allegations by his nephew.

The new complaint was filed Friday at a police station in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Although the name of the person who raised the allegations is not listed, the Associated Press reported that it was Martin’s nephew, Dennis Yadiel Sánchez, who made the filing.

“These claims are grossly offensive and completely independent of reality,” Martin’s attorney, José Andréu-Fuentes, said in a statement to Deadline. “When this man made similar accusations before, his legal case had to be dropped, especially since he himself admitted under oath that Ricky Martin had never assaulted him in any way.”

The Latin pop icon filed his lawsuit against Sánchez on September 7, alleging that his nephew’s incest and sexual abuse allegations were an attempt to “murder” the singer’s reputation, according to court documents obtained by The Post.

Ricky Martin
Ricky Martin is facing more accusations after filing a $20 million lawsuit against his nephew, who accused him of incest and abuse.
fake images

The lawsuit, which claims Sanchez’s allegations cost Martin at least $10 million in canceled contracts and projects, plus another $20 million in reputational damage, came after the 50-year-old pop star received allegations. that he was romantically involved with Sánchez, and allegedly harassed the young man after their relationship ended.

In July, Martin’s 21-year-old nephew claimed he was the victim of domestic abuse and unlawful incest at the hands of Martin, and a restraining order was granted against the “Livin’ La Vida Loca” singer.

The Latin pop icon filed his lawsuit last Wednesday in San Juan, Wednesday against Sánchez, alleging that his nephew's accusations of incest and sexual abuse were an attempt to "murder" the singer's reputation, according to court documents obtained by The Post.
The Latin pop icon filed his lawsuit against Sánchez on Wednesday in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Martin claims the incest and sexual abuse allegations against his nephew were an attempt to “assassinate” the singer’s reputation, according to court documents obtained by The Post.
fake images

At the time, Martin’s attorney denied the “disgusting” and “false” accusations, saying the accuser has “mental health issues.” Eventually, the case against Martin was dismissed, but according to the latest legal action taken by Martin, Sanchez hasn’t stopped there.

He claimed that a month after Sanchez dropped the restraining order, he bombarded Martin with social media messages and vowed to “murder his reputation and integrity” if Martin didn’t drop some money to shut him up.

Sanchez once bragged about being Martin’s nephew, the suit alleges, that is, before he made accusations of incest and domestic violence. In the paperwork, Martin said he received a flood of direct messages over four months, sometimes receiving more than 10 in one day.

The messages, according to Martin, were sent by a “misfit individual,” who also leaked the singer’s phone number on Instagram and created parody accounts for one of Martin’s children.

Due to Sánchez’s allegations, Martin, who is currently filming the upcoming Apple TV+ series “Mrs. American Pie” with Laura Dern, Kristen Wiig, Allison Janney and Kaia Gerber — claims to have lost multimillion-dollar deals and is now seeking $20 million in compensation for damages, in addition to leaving the singer feeling “unsafe” in Puerto Rico.

Martin has expressed how “painful” the allegations against him were, calling them “devastating” for him and his loved ones.

“It has been so painful. It’s been devastating to me, to my family, to my friends, and I don’t wish that on anyone,” Martin said last month. “To the person who was saying this nonsense, I wish him the best and that he finds the help so that he can start a new life full of love, truth and joy, and that he doesn’t hurt anyone else.”

Meanwhile, Martin faces another $3 million lawsuit filed in July by his former manager Rebecca Drucker, who alleges he is owed unpaid commissions. Her lawsuit also hinted at a “possible career-ending allegation” in September 2020, though Martin “was unscathed and continued his professional resurgence.”

The next hearing in Drucker’s lawsuit is scheduled for October 5.

with post wires.

[ad_2]

Source by [author_name]